Thursday, February 21, 2008

Portraits from Death Valley

I spent President's Day weekend in Death Valley. While I was there I ran into a couple older gentlemen that seemed to have a lot of character. Riley and his wife run a small museum just outside of Death Valley in a town called Beatty. Riley was out laying bricks and after chatting with him a few minutes I asked him if I could take his portrait.

Near the town of Beatty is a ghost town called Rhyolite. One of the more famous attractions of the town is a house made totally out of old bottles. Fred and his wife volunteer as tour guides at the bottle house. Fred was also kind enough to let me photograph him.

Death Valley Portraits - Rhyolite NV. - Brandon Allen Photography
Fred - Rhyolite Nevada, Ghost Town - Shen Hao 4x5, TMax 100, 210mm lens.

Riley - Beatty NV - Brandon Allen Photography
Riley - Beatty Nevada - Shen Hao 4x5, TMax 100, 210mm lens.

1 comment:

Tavis Johnson said...

These look awesome, the one of Fred is Flawless.