Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Sturgis Portraits

 American Biker Project - Sturgis, SD - Black and White Portraits
I finally processed the photos I took at Sturgis Bike Rally. I had to get up at 6am this morning to do at school before my class started. I'm excited about a lot of the photos I got, however I noticed some of them have some minor motion blur. As if my shutter speed wasn't fast enough. I find that weird because I never shoot hand-held below 1/60th of a second and with a 80mm lens on a medium format camera that should be plenty. So I'm a bit annoyed with that.








A friend of mine told me, after seeing some of these portraits:
"Each face holds a certain strength and yet an underlying vulnerability"
I thought that to be very true and observant. The eyes give a lot away in a person.

With each one of these portraits I had to ask them to remove their sun glasses. It difficult to capture a true portrait when the subject is hiding.

No comments: